Coming in January, our fourth annual collectible Speed On The Water Year In Review issue is on sale now. The nearly two-pound, oversized edition captures the very best of the high-performance boating world through the lenses of speedonthewater.com chief photographer Pete Boden and several other talented shooters, including Erick Bryner, Jeff Helmkamp, Tom Leigh, Brian Radtke, Tim Sharkey and more in 196 photo-filled pages.
Here’s what you can expect in the 2018 Year In Review issue.
• New Boats—Fresh product makes the world go-round, and there was plenty of it 2018. Check out the best of the best from Cigarette Racing Team, DCB Performance Boats, MTI, Nor-Tech and more.
• Events—From the coast of California and the shores of Lake Michigan to the Florida Keys and the heartland of Sweden, if you took to the water in a major organized event this year, you’re sure to enjoy the coverage of it in this issue.
• Racing—With the Offshore Powerboat Association, Super Boat International and Race World Offshore organizations in the mix, there was never a dull moment—on and off the racecourse—in what could end up being the strangest and most pivotal year in the history of the sport. And of course, there’s a mix of Unlimited hydroplanes, tunnel boats and even some XCAT action from overseas.
• People—Without their owners and builders, high-performance powerboats would be just fiberglass, vinyl and a whole lot of resin. Here’s your chance to catch familiar faces and maybe even enjoy a few new ones.
• Best Of—What was your favorite new build in 2018? How about your favorite offshore raceboat rollover sequence? Or the event that raised the most money for a worthy cause? What was the most important story? We showcase the very best of the high-performance boating year.
Pre-order domestic price is $30 per issue. Pre-order international price is $45 per issue. Shipping, which will begin in mid-January, is included only in pre-order pricing.