Sitting right in the middle of two Checkmate Marine and three Hustler Powerboats models from Global Marine Power, Inc., the scale model of the all-new 39-foot Shotgun was displayed proudly at the docks during the Miami International Boat Show.
Hustler Powerboats is expecting to release its new 39 Shotgun this summer. Photo by Jason Johnson
Featuring a poster boasting that the “next generation of high-performance boating starts now,” the concept model showcased an outboard-powered boat that is based on the company’s popular 39 Rockit. By eliminating the engine compartment and adding seating across the rear and along the sides—plus a substantial hard top—the 39-footer has a unique look to it and seating for up to 11 people in the spacious cockpit.
Expecting to debut the boat this summer, Hustler’s Paul LoGiudice said the Shotgun was built to exceed expectations and bring a little flair to the company’s robust performance boat lineup.
“So far the new Shotgun has been very well received,” LoGiudice said. “We’ve received a lot of compliments on the idea. We’ve also received some suggestions that we might be able to take into account and incorporate into the boat before it is released this summer.”
Also included on Hustler’s poster about the boat was an acronym highlighting seven points why the Shotgun has the team at Hustler excited about the 15th model to join its lineup.
• Sexy – Get rid of your fishing pole.
• Healthy – Keep you and your friends out of the sun and wind.
• Original – Step-bottom-designed boat for optimum speed.
• Trust – Proven Mercury Racing power with extended warranty.
• Giant – A cockpit that affords comfort with amenities for cruising, mooring or going fast.
• Unique – Custom layout offered by no other.
• Non Stop – Pleasure, relaxation and adrenaline-pumping speed.
The Countdown to the Miami Boat Show is On