With the first race of the offshore powerboat season—the Race World Offshore-produced 7 Mile Offshore Grand Prix presented by Performance Boat Center and M CON in Marathon, Fla.—just five days away, there’s plenty of action for fans to look forward to this year. The United Kingdom-based organization Poweboat P1, which holds the media and marketing rights to the Union Internationale Motonautique Class 1 category, and Race World Offshore, which will host the UIM offshore world championships in early November in Key West, Fla., are co-producing the five-race American Power Boat Association Offshore National Championship Series.
The Powerboat P1-produced, five-race Class 1 world championship series will stop in Cocoa Beach and Sarasota, Fla., Sheboygan, Wis., Michigan City, Ind., and St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Fla.
Equally important to the schedule is the organization’s ability to produce it, and that means bringing in significant backers. Offshore powerboat racing isn’t just an expensive sport from top to bottom, offshore races are expensive to produce. To the that end, Powerboat P1 has inked sponsorship/partnership deals with a bevy of legitimate sponsors.
“It is great to see offshore powerboat racing growing again and with this it has brought sponsorship especially to P1. This is obviously great for offshore as this money will be used to promote our sport and hopefully bring it to a new level.”—Steve Curtis (left, with Billy Moore of the Graydel team), throttleman, Class 1 Huski Chocolate team.
Those deals include:
• Monster Energy—Not only is Monster the official energy drink of all Powerboat P1 categories and the Race World Offshore Key West World Championships, the beverage giant is backing the new M CON Class 1 team, which is in the processing of finishing its new 43-foot Skater Powerboats catamaran.
“It’s exciting to see businesses taking note of the value of sponsoring offshore race teams. P1 has been instrumental helping to match sponsors with teams along with providing the media and production required to market our race teams. Offshore racing is coming back strong and P1 is a key factor in our success.”—Mark Waddington, co-owner of Performance Boat Center.
• CMR Construction and Roofing, the ninth-largest roofing company in the United States, with more than 500 employees according to a Powerboat P1 press release, is returning as “a committed Powerboat P1 series partner. As they did last year, Shaun Torrente and Sean Conner—a pair of charismatic, camera-ready competitors—will represent CMR in the Super Stock class.
“It’s amazing to see the work they have put in to grow the sport and attract big sponsors. Powerboat P1 has definitely made huge strides to put offshore racing back on the map.”—Vinnie Diorio, owner/throttleman, Super Cat-class SV Offshore Racing team.
• As they were in 2022, Pratt and cockpit-mate Miles Jennings will be once again be backed XINSURANCE, an official P1 Offshore partner. What’s more, the A-Star XINSURANCE helicopter owned by company principal Rick J. Lindsey will be the Official Broadcast Helicopter for P1 Offshore events.
“It takes big-name sponsors to get the sport the recognition it deserves. I am extremely impressed with P1 pulling them in.”—Myrick Coil (left with M CON team owner/driver Tyler Miller), driver for Super Stock-class Performance Boat Center and Super Cat-class M CON teams.
• Forged well-ahead of the 2019 season, the relationship between Powerboat P1 and Mercury Racing, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary and produces the spec 1,100-hp engines for Class 1, remains strong and will be on full display at the Mercury Racing Midwest Challenge, August 11-13, in Sheboygan, Wis.
• In a move that foreshadows Powerboat P1’s plans to launch Class 1 races abroad next year, Legend Yacht Transport operated out of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., by owner/found Dave Holley—a stalwart back of powerboat racing in all its forms—is the Official Logistics Provider for the organization.
• Powerboat P1 has inked a deal with ICOM as its Official Marine Communications provider.
“Powerboat P1 has raised the bar on obtaining sponsors to heights race teams have longed for since the ’90s. Their level of major sponsor relations and understanding of the marketability that the sport of offshore racing provides is yielding the best in motorsports. Azam Rangoonwala, Michelle Petro and Thomas Covington have been instrumental in countless ways. Their desire and passion to bring the sport to the forefront is, for lack of better words, ‘full send.’”—Tyler Miller, owner/driver M CON Super Cat and Class 1 team.
Monster Energy Drink Backing Powerboat P1 And Race World Offshore
Class 1 World Championship Series Secures Legend Yacht Transport Sponsorship
Speed On The Water Video To Chronicle Class 1 Skater Build
M CON Super Cat Carries Monster Energy Theme Into New Graphics
Class 1 M CON/Monster Energy Team Releases Graphics For New Skater Raceboat
Sneak Peek: Progress On The Class 1 M CON Skater
Monster Energy Backing Class 1 M CON Racing Team
Colby To Join Swofford For 2023 Race World Offshore Livestream Broadcasts
Colby Returning To Speedonthewater.Com Offshore Racing Coverage Team
APBA Honors Race World Offshore With Key West Venue Award
LiquorSplit Team Sets Podium Goals For 2023 Super Cat Season
Faro Blanco Resort Ground Zero For 7 Mile Offshore Grand Prix
M CON And Performance Boat Center Step Up To Back 7 Mile Grand Prix
7 Mile Offshore Grand Prix Welcome Party Going Below The Surface
Race World Offshore Gearing Up For Marathon Season-Opener
Race World Offshore Adding Marathon Event To 2023 Schedule