The results of the Bracket classes—raceboat ranks that have set top speeds so boats of various sizes, hulls and power packages can compete against one another—from last weekend’s American Power Boat Association Offshore National Championship Series season-opener in Cocoa Beach, Fla., have been released by P1 Offshore/Powerboat P1 group. What follows are the official finishing orders, team names and cockpit duos for each class.
As usual, the Muller brothers were on their game in Chug It and took the checkered flag in Cocoa Beach. Photos by Pete Boden copyright Shoot 2 Thrill Pix.
1, Team Woody—driver Bill Shipley, throttleman Chad Woody.
2. We On Top—driver Heath Kirkwood, throttleman Brian Cole.
1. Team Woody/Golf N Gator—driver Jeff Muehlahausen, throttleman Brad Wade.
2. Rollin’ Dirty/Elite Gaming—driver Damon Marotta, throttleman Clyde Petty.
1. Preditor—driver Dean Stahlman, throttleman Nate Hunt.
2. Old School—driver Matt Soper, throttleman Daniel Soper.
3. Control Freak—driver Mark Robbins, throttleman Nick Scafidi.
1. Shoreline Plumbing—driver Brent Apprarvis, throttleman Nick Imrprescia.
2. Agora Day Spa—driver Mark Henderson, throttleman Eddie Simmons.
3. Two Cruel—driver Daniel Racz, throttleman Jimmy Jenson.
1. Rum Runner—driver Mike McColghn, throttleman Francis Vellutato, Jr.
2. Deception—driver Jesse Schmig, throttleman Robert Bryant.
3. Gerard Marine—driver Mark Conrad, throttleman Chase Gerard.
1. Chug It—driver Jax Muller, throttleman Chase Muller.
2. Goofing Around—driver Joe Lauer, throttleman Matthew Lauer.
3. Jackhammer—driver Ray Maldonado, throttleman Julian Maldonado.
The Bracket-class competitors had to deal with the same rugged conditions as non-bracketed classes.