With speedonthewater.com chief photographer in the air for the annual Speedonthewater.com Key West Photo Shoot—a tradition being renewed at this writing—photos from the second day of the Race World Offshore-produced American Power Boat Association/Union International Motonautique Offshore World Championships won’t be available until tomorrow. Given that reality, we’re holding our complete recap of the second day of offshore powerboat racing competition in Florida’s southernmost city until tomorrow morning.
Loren Peters and Sean Conner had a winning day in the Super Stock-class LPC 32-foot Doug Wright catamaran. Photo by Pete Boden copyright Shoot 2 Thrill Pix.
But in the meantime, here are a few of today’s highlights:
• Coming from behind in the final laps, the M CON team of Tyler Miller and Myrick Coil snagged the victory over Canada Homes to win its second Supercat-class race in row.
• After taking third place in Wednesday’s race, teammates Loren Peters and Sean Conner took the checkered flag in today’s hotly contested Super Stock contest in LPC.
• Stock V-class racers Brit Lilly and Kevin Smith piloted LSB/Hurricane Of Awesomeness to their second win in a row following the scary roll of The Firm Racing team. The good news? Neither team owner/driver Pete Riveiro nor throttleman Richard Garcia were hurt injured in the incident.
• Jackhammer’s Julian Maldonado and Brian Guy notched another Bracket 700-class win.
• After recovering from a tangle-up—and subsequent exit from the race—with Visit St. Pete/Clearwater in Wednesday’s contest, Brian Forehand and Vinnie Diorio of Marker 17 Marine scored a victory in the Mod V-class contest.
• A future Class 1 team, Huski Chocolate/Huski Wear ran away from the Lucas Oil/E3 in the Extreme class.
Of course, none of this tells the complete story. They are simply results, none of which tell the entire story of each race. Check tomorrow morning for the complete picture of the second day of the APBA/UIM Offshore World Championships tomorrow on speedonthewater.com.