The release of any upcoming Fort Myers Offshore event scheduled is bittersweet in that it signals the coming end of the summer boating season while letting club members—most of whom are from the Midwest, Northeast and Canada—know that more powerboating opportunities await them. Based in Southwest Florida, the nonprofit organization, which raises college scholarship money for deserving students, released its nine-event schedule today and will get the 2019/2020 season going early with an informal fun this Sunday to Cayo Costa Beach.
“We’re hoping to have a couple of raceboats come if the weather cooperates,” said Tim Hill, the president of Fort Myers Offshore and the co-organizer of Roar Offshore, the final event of the six-race American Power Boat Association Offshore Championship, October 10-12, in Fort Myers Beach, Fla.
Here’s a quick look at the dates and destinations on the 2019/2020 Fort Myers Offshore fun/lunch run schedule:
* October 5—South Seas Island Resort/Captiva Island
* October 26—Millers Dockside/Boca Grande
* November 30—Village Brewhouse Fisherman’s Village/Punta Gorda
* December 28—CJ’s on the Bay/Marco Island
* January 25—Hyatt House/Naples followed by David and Cheri Kudla’s After Party
* February 8—Bay Front Bistro/Raft Up- Fort Myers Beach
* March 7—Burnt Store Marina/Cass Cay
* April 4 —Cayo Costa Beach Raft Up
* April 27 or May 2—Weekend Trip to the Florida Keys or Sarasota (TBD)
During its 2018/2019 season, Fort Myers Offshore raised $50,000 in scholarship funding. New member and sponsors and can reach the club through its website.