By all accounts from within the Fountain Powerboats factory, the Washington, N.C., company is running flat-out to meet high-performance center console demand. But that hasn’t prevented the Fountain design team from coming up with fresh and completely restyled models. Among them is the new-for-2023 Fountain 38SCX, which will debut this week at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in South Florida.
Coming to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show this week, the new-for-2023 Fountain 38SCX will anchor the Washington, N.C., powerboat company’s display. Photos by Mark Spencer copyright Fountain Powerboats.
And thanks to Fountain chief operating officer Jeff Harris and public relations man/ace photographer Mark Spencer, we can give you a sneak peek.
While most of the 38-footer’s details will be released when the show opens, here are a few tidbits.
• The center console will be offered with power ranging from triple 300-hp Mercury Marine Verado outboard engines to quad Mercury Racing 450R outboard engines.
• An example of Fountain’s “next-generation” style, the 38-footer’s all-new contoured T-top extends over the second row of bolsters and features a protective three-piece ventilated glass windshield.
The 38SCX has a sleek, stunning profile.
• An all-new oversized cabin includes a couch that converts to a full-size sleeper. A large tinted window emits light and creates a spacious feel. Solid surface countertops, a pull-out sink, a shower, and access to the onboard master electrical panel are all standard. The cabin door also has a clever pantograph hinge for unobstructed entry and exit.
• A three-passenger-wide, stand-up/sit-down helm bolster is standard along with a rear-facing seat that features an integrated cooler in the backrest and twin pull-out drawers underneath.
• An optional second-row bolster also adds two subwoofers to the sound system and replaces the standard aft-facing seat.
• Premium quality six-color interiors are standard, as is Marine Mat on the floor, gunwales and T-Top.
• New wraparound bow seats include integrated lounge back rests and a small entertainment center. A powered high-low table is perfect for entertaining and includes an embossed 38SCX logo.
• To help set the night aglow, computer-controlled cockpit and underwater Shadowcaster lighting is standard.
Of course, there’s a lot more to the Fountain 38SCX, as visitors to the Fort Lauderdale event will discover this week. But for those who can’t make it to the show or just crave an early look, we’re more than happy to oblige.
The are multiple outboard power options for the business end of the 38-footer.
Image Of The Week: Your Friendly Neighborhood Fountain
Baja, Fountain And Donzi Brand Celebration At 60 Boats And Building
Inside SOTW Mag: Driving Force—Reggie Fountain Peer Review