The Canada-based Performance Boat Club has five events planned for the 2017 season.
While the first event of the Performance Boat Club, Inc., formerly the Performance Boat Club of Canada, 2017 season won’t happen on the water—the not-for-profit charitable corporation will host a “wine and cheese” party during the Toronto International Boat Show on Jan. 21—the club has five events planned for the coming season. Here’s a quick look:
• June 16-18—Muskoka. Entry fee is $100 with paid membership.
• July 7-9—Georgian Bay. This limited-space, invitation only event features an overnight run to Parry Sound with the option of running to Tobermory. Includes two dinners, two breakfasts and more.
• July 21-23—Sarnia. This event includes an overnight stay at Windsor Casino. Said club president Meghan Brousseau, “We really encourage our American friends to join us for this one.”
• Aug. 25-27—Lake Simcoe. “Land, air and sea” elements, as well as a personal watercraft poker run, will be incorporated into this event.
• Sept. 15-18—Rice Lake. Running for its 27th year, this club favorite event includes “an old-fashion weekend of camping/cottage staying.”
All event feature cash prizes. Last year, the club raised more than $50,000. Since it was founded in 2007, the outfit has raised $500,000 for various charities in Southern Ontario.
Related story: Performance Boat Club of Canada Wraps Up A Winning Season